EDWARD J. REBENACK ESQ.
- Seton Hall University, B.S. Economics, Magna Cum Laude
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- New Jersey, New York, Federal Court, District of New Jersey, U.S. Supreme Court
- Civil Litigation, Personal Injury, Insurance Coverage
- * MCBA Civil Practice Award, 2012
- * Superlawyer, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
- * Superlawyer Rising Star, 2006 & 2008
- * NJBIZ Forty Under 40 award, 2006
- * NJLJ 40 Under 40 award, 2006
- * President, Middlesex County Bar Association, ’09 – ’10
- * Board of Trustees, NJ State Bar Association, ’07 – ’09
- * Chair, NJ State Bar Assoc., Young Lawyers Division, ’06 – ’07
- * NJ Commission on Professionalism in the Law, ’06 – ’08
- * Investigator, District VIII Ethics Committee, ’05 – ’07
- * President, New Brunswick Bar Association, ’03 – ’04
- * Trustee of the Somerset County Bar Association
- Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Civil Trial Attorney
Specializing in personal injury law with a focus on civil trial practice and litigation
Ed is a RAM Law partner. He focuses on civil trial practice and litigation with an emphasis on personal injury. Ed is licensed in New Jersey and New York and has practiced in both state and federal court. His personal injury experience includes wrongful death, car accidents, workplace injuries, slip and falls, pedestrian accidents, dog bites, defective products, assaults, civil rights violations and insurance coverage disputes.
Ed graduated Magna Cum Laude in 1992 from Seton Hall University with a B.S. in economics and earned his Juris Doctor from Seton Hall University School of Law in 1995. Since beginning his career as a lawyer, Ed has earned numerous accolades. In the July 2006 of the New Jersey Law Journal, he was named as one of “New Jersey’s 40 Under 40,” as a rising star lawyer who has developed a strong practice, demonstrated great leadership and contributed to the state community through pro bono work and other charitable/volunteer activities. NJBIZ also awarded Ed the Forty Under 40 Award. This award was presented to business people who have made headlines in their field and share a commitment to business growth, professional excellence and the community.
Ed was named a Superlawyer in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, as well as a Superlawyer Rising Star in 2006 and 2008. He received the 2012 Civil Practice Award from the Middlesex County Bar Association.
New Jersey’s Supreme Court has certified him as a civil trial attorney. Less than 2% of the attorneys currently licensed to practice law in New Jersey, as of 2005, held this distinction. Ed has a Martindale-Hubbell rating of “AV Preeminent” from other members of the legal profession which is “a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.”
Ed has handled litigation in all 21 counties of New Jersey, in addition to Kings, New York and Richmond County, New York. He has experience litigating in Middlesex County’s “21st Century Courtroom” and employs the latest technology in trial presentation.
One of Ed’s recent settlements was recently featured on CBS News. In the case, Ed obtained $522,000 settlement for trip and fall litigation. View a video on the settlement here.
Ed Rebenack is a New Jersey Supreme Court Certified AttorneyAs an expert litigator, Ed has been invited to lecture and instruct several courses including:
- Traumatic Brain Injury: The Basics and Beyond, Somerset County Bar Association (2015)
- Recent Developments in Civil Trial Practice, NJ ICLE, July 2015
- Using the iPad for Expert De Bene Esse and Trial Testimony, New Jersey Association for Justice, February 2014
- Using Technology to Win at Trial – Four Concurrent Seminars with Exhibits, New Jersey Association for Justice, February 2014
- Deposing the Expert Witness, Somerset County Bar Association Continuing Legal Education CLE Seminar, October 2013
- Deposing the Expert Witness, Middlesex County Bar Association CLE Seminar, December 2012
- Interventional Pain Management: What Every Lawyer Needs to Know, Middlesex County Bar Association CLE Seminar, November 2012
- Using Technology in Court, MCBA, November 2011
- Recent Developments in Courtroom Technology and the Law, NJ ICLE, July 2011
- Courtroom Technology, 2011
- Labor Employment Law Forum, NJ ICLE, March 2011
- How to Take an Expert Deposition, Middlesex County Bar Association, April 2009
- Civil Trial Practice, Skills and Methods Course, newly admitted attorneys mandatory CLE, January 2008; January 2009
- Realtor Liability and Interpretation of Errors and Omissions Coverage, Northern New Jersey Chapter of the Women’s Council of Realtors, June 2007
- Skills and Methods: Professional Responsibility, Continuing Legal Education for Newly Admitted Attorneys, April 2007
- Preparation for Depositions and Courtroom Testimony and Demeanor, Society of Investigators of Greater Newark annual meeting, April 2007
- Overview of Recently Published PIP SIU Case Law, Encompass Insurance Company, March 2006
- Insurance Fraud and the Role of the Examination Under Oath, Encompass Insurance Company, March 2004
- New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act and Risk Management Tools, Mack Morris Realtors, March 2001
- New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act Contract Requirements, Construction Liens and Collection Practices, New Jersey State League of Master Plumbers, October 1997