When Neglect or Carelessness of Others Causes Injury to You
Whether you’ve been injured in a slip and fall, a car or truck or a pedestrian accident, immediately following your medical treatment, you should contact a personal injury attorney. Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, and at Rebenack Aronow & Mascolo, we’ll review your situation to determine if you have a viable case. We’ll also explain any legal terms to you in a way that makes sense. When neglect or carelessness of others causes injury to you, call a personal injury lawyer.
How Does a Contingency Basis Agreement Work?
Unfortunately, many people don’t file a lawsuit because they worry about how much hiring an accident attorney will cost them and their family. A contingency fee is a sum of money, usually a percentage of the award, that’s paid only if the case is won. With this kind of payment arrangement, you can tend to your injuries while we get to work on your case.
The sooner you hire an accident lawyer, the better. If you’re still nervous about the cost, make your first question one that confirms an attorney’s willingness to a contingency fee.
Leveling the Playing Field
In an effort to reduce their liability, many insurance companies observe practices that have given their industry a bad name. The “tricks of the trade” include:
Insurance companies have plenty of money, legal resources and even investigators. When you hire an experienced accident lawyer, you won’t have to deal or negotiate with the insurance company. We’ll represent you in negotiations, and you’ll have the benefit of our team of skilled professionals working for you.
Situations Where You Might Need a Personal Injury Lawyer
In the most general terms, you may have a case if you’ve been injured in a negligent event or one with intentional harm against you.
More specifically, some of the most common to hire a personal injury lawyer reasons include:
- Car or truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian injuries
- Dog bite
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Work-related injuries
- Nursing home neglect or abuse
- Medical mistakes
- Wrongful death
Our Practice Areas Utilize a Wide Range of Resources
Our personal injury attorneys in each practice area work to build and maintain strong relationships with our clients. That’s true across the board, but for each area in which additional skill and knowledge is required to prove your case, we have access to those resources as well. Our client advocacy includes:
Motor vehicle accidents:
- Investigate the details of your accident
- Visit the scene of the crash
- Consult with accident reconstruction specialists
- Pursue damages for lost wages and income, medical bills, pain and suffering and loss of companionship
- Gather, evaluate and preserve all relevant evidence
- File all pleadings with the court
- Represent your interests from depositions to settlement or trial
- Explore all avenues to ensure you receive the maximum benefit
- Protect your legal rights
- See that permanent injury awards are fairly based on the extent of injury and ability to work
- Identify and fight employer retaliation for filing a workers’ comp claim
Slip, trip and fall:
Since New Jersey landowners or business proprietors are responsible for keeping their premises free of obvious hazards and dangerous conditions, they’ll often claim the injured person was negligent. To counter this approach, we can:
- Investigate the dangerous condition and provide proof of liability if possible
- Where possible, secure a videotape of the property condition or even your actual fall before the video is recorded over
In New Jersey, a dog owner is responsible for any damage the dog causes, period. We’ll document:
- Medical costs associated with emergency room visits
- Facial wounds, which can require multiple surgeries over several years
- Injuries like lacerations, nerve damage or disfigurement
- Thoroughly investigate your claim
- Work with medical witnesses
- Prepare and file all pleadings
- Arrive to the accident scene before it can be altered
- Examine the product to determine the nature and cause of the defect
- When deemed necessary, obtain a court order to prevent alteration of the product
If you’ve been injured as a result of another person’s negligence or carelessness, contact the law office of Rebenack Aronow & Mascolo today. You can reach us by phone at 732-247-3600 or via email at email@example.com. Our firm is located at 111 Livingston Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08901. Our personal injury lawyers will strive to address any questions or concerns you may have about your case. We’ll present you with your options for moving forward.